Our mission is to promote the growth of people, business, and industry through quality education and training.
We support Business and Industry and our Communities by:
- Developing the manufacturing skill sets of new job seekers and unemployed or under-employed individuals, who are desiring careers in manufacturing
- Advancing the skills and knowledge of incumbent workers, who desire or need to enhance their existing manufacturing skill sets
- Partnering with machine, tooling and software providers to make available the latest "state-of-the-industry" technology for the benefit of our manufacturers and students
- Cooperating and collaborating with community agencies and leaders, manufacturing support organizations, education and training providers, and other entities and individuals whose efforts strengthen the manufacturing industry and foster its growth
Personal character and professional service are the foundation of our values.
- We are “good” and do “good”. We do all things for the right reasons.
- We are people of great character. We establish our reputation and credibility as professionals by holding ourselves and those around us to a high level of ethical and moral behavior.
- We are professionals. We deliver value to our internal and external customers by providing products and services that meet their expectations for quality, timeliness and cost.
- We are lifetime learners. We maintain and advance our skills and knowledge so we may personally grow and better serve others.
- We are passionate. We live and work with a zest for life and we’re motivated to be a positive influence on the world around us.
- Founded in 1987, PMI is a nonprofit 501(c)3 industrial training center.
- PMI is governed by a board of directors of which at least two-thirds of the directors come directly from manufacturing companies.
- PMI’s training center, located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, is the Nation’s first “Shared Use” training center
Licensing & Accreditation
Precision Manufacturing Institute is licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
Precision Manufacturing Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. ACCSC is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.